The ISO 14001 certification helps organizations identify and control environmental impacts and improve performance.
What is the ISO 14001 Standard?
ISO 14001 is the most recognized international standard for environmental management system (EMS). It is designed to help businesses to remain commercially successful without overlooking environmental responsibilities and impacts. It can also help you to grow sustainably while reducing the environmental impact of this growth. ISO 14001 is the principal management system standard which specifies the requirements for the formulation and maintenance of an EMS. This helps to control your environmental aspects, reduce impact and ensure legal compliance. It provides a framework through which an organisation can deliver environmental performance improvement in line with its environmental policy commitments.
What are the benefits of certification to EMS Standard?
- Better environmental management reduces waste and energy use.
- Provides a tool for environmental performance improvement and the means to effectively monitor and measure environmental performance.
- Facilitates reductions in pollution, waste generation and unintended discharges to the environment.
- Improves resource management including use of energy which also may imply a reduction in the cost of running business.
- Demonstrates compliance to expand business opportunities.
- Meet legal obligations to win greater stakeholder and customer trust.